1. What is the RayMing Technology?
RayMing is a patent pending metal core printed circuit board (MCPCB) technology which provides a direct thermal path to the hot LED.
2. What is the RayMing PCB?
It is an alternative PCB technology to the conventional Aluminum PCB or MCPCB providing DIRECT THERMAL PATH solutions for medium to high power LEDs.
3. Does RayMing improve conduction cooling or convection cooling thermal path?
RayMing MCPCB improves conduction cooling thermal path.
4. What is an IMS (Insulated Metal Substrate) PCB?
IMS PCB is made of three layers. Circuit layer, dielectric layer and a base metal layer. The circuit layer is electrically isolated from the base metal by a thermally conductive dielectric layer.
5. What is the thermal conductivity of a RayMing MCPCB?
It is directly proportional to the thermal conductivity of the base material. i.e. ~135W/m.k in case of Aluminum and ~385W/m.k in case of copper. Most designs use Aluminum metal as a base material.
6. Can I use RayMing technology for any LED packages?
No, It is designed to be used with the LEDs which has electrically neutral thermal pad. Such as Cree XPG, XPE, XPC, XTE, XBD, XML, MTG, Luxeon Rebel & Luxeon M from Philips Lumiled, Oslon SSL & Oslon square from Osram, Nichia N219, Seoul Semiconductor Z5P / Z5M, Samsung 3535, Bridgelux SM4, LZC & LZP from LEDEngin etc.
7. Can I use RayMing technology for the high power (HP LED)?
Yes; it is specifically developed to lower junction temperature of medium to high power LEDs. Any LED above 1.0W power
8. Can I mount multiple LED components on a single RayMing PCB?
Yes, However LEDs are required to have electrically neutral thermal pad.
9. How is assembly process for RayMing MCPCB?
Assembly process is the same as conventional MCPCB or Aluminum PCB.
10. What will happen if the thermal path within the LED is not electrically neutral?
Electrical functionality may be compromised.
11. How does RayMing MCPCB compare to Conventional MCPCB?
Conventional MCPCB uses a thermally conductive dielectric layer to bond circuit layer with base metal (Aluminum or Copper) layer. The key to thermal performance of MCPCB lies in its dielectric layer. Eventhough thermally conductive dielectric has higher thermal performance compared to standard dielectric material it is still a weakest link in the conduction thermal path. RayMing MCPCB approach overcomes this limitation and eliminates use of a dielectric material completely from a conduction thermal path. RayMing technology provides "DIRECT THERMAL PATH", lowering LED junction temperature.
12. Is RayMing PCB available in single layer and multilayer configurations?
Yes. We manufacture RayMing MCPCB in a single layer as well as multilayer without increasing thermal resistance.
13. Is RayMing MCPCB available with Aluminum & Copper base?
14. Is RayMing technology limited to the Aluminum and Copper bases?
No, RayMing PCB can be made using any thermally conductive metal or metal composites. However aluminum is the most common base material used in RayMing MCPCB due to its light weight, and least expensive properties
15. Does RayMing technology require special PCB design?
No, we can use your existing MCPCB or Aluminum PCB gerber data.
16. Can I use RayMing for a multilayer PCB without increasing thermal resistance?
Absolutely Yes, However components must be mounted to one side only.
17. How expensive is RayMing MCPCB compared to conventional MCPCB?
RayMing MCPCB's are premium in cost and performance compare to a conventional MCPCB, but very competitive to a high performance dielectric MCPCB.
18. How is it available? Where do I purchase?
We have built a solid supply chain to provide optimum quality in a timely manner. You can buy PCB directly from the Rayming compnay , Call us or email us RFQ at email@example.com.
19. Is there Star PCB available for RayMing technology?
Yes, We inventory RayMing Star PCBs for various industry standard LED packages. contact us to get your Star PCB.